Read This Before You Pay $$$ For A Brazilian Blowout
So you've heard of it and you've probably seen those dramatic before & after pictures on Instagram. You may wonder if Brazilian Blowouts are the answer to your frizzy, kinky, out-of-control hair. But are they really worth the price tag? What about the health risks involved? What if there was a better way to achieve smooth, luscious locks?
Let's talk details, shall we?
What's the big deal with Brazilian Blowouts?
Some of the benefits advertised include...
- straighter and smoother hair
- fights frizz and humidity
- healthy/shiny hair
- cut down on drying/styling time
Let's talk chemicals!
Unfortunately, with the benefits comes a huge downside... these well-known hair treatments are actually incredibly toxic. The formula contains a carcinogen, formaldehyde, that is leached into your hair, skin, and bloodstream, as well as into the surrounding air, as a result of the heat that is applied when undergoing the treatment. Pretty scary stuff, right?
In case you need further evidence that you should think twice before paying out a pretty penny for this treatment, consider the side effects. Side effects include, but not limited to, nosebleeds, burning of the eyes and throat, skin irritations, and respiratory problems.
Let's talk $$$$!
The average price of a Brazilian Blowout is $400+. The typical Brazilian Blowout can last up to 10-12 weeks, but many times the client becomes dependent on the treatment which can cost upwards of $2,000 per year, not including tipping your stylist, cuts, color, or blowouts.
What if there was a better solution?
As a stylist of 17 years, I can confidently say that I've found the solution to your hair issues with a healthy, time-effective, and high performance product line that will not only replace your Brazilian Blowouts, but give you the long term results you've been looking for.
Confession! As a stylist, I have never EVER come across a product line like this... and I've never actually liked a full product line enough to promote is exclusively.
I have recommended certain products from various professional lines, but come to find out, they all contained toxic chemicals, harsh ingredients, and acted only as a band aid for the issues that my clients came to me with.
I've finally found a product line that delivers what it promises with each and every product! All products are botanically based and anti-aging.
So what's the magic potion?
Introducing, Monat. Monat is a luxury hair care line that has my clients raving! The best part is, as a stylist, I can finally recommend products that deliver smooth, sleek results that my clients want WITHOUT the parabens, phthalates, PEG sulfites, harmful colors, DEA/MEA, harmful fragrances, harsh salt systems. Monat's proprietary blends have 11+ essential oils to help your hair grow strong, long, and healthier than ever before. I can also feel good about the fact that Monat does NOT do any testing on animals.
Without sounding like a commercial, I do have to say that because of the performance of these products, my clients are no longer needing Brazilian Blowouts or keratin treatments now that they've made the switch to Monat.
My top picks for thick, coarse, frizzy hair:
If you're looking to make the switch, the products that will give your hair that smooth, sleek look are going to be:
1. Renew Shampoo - A salt and sulfate-free gentle, hydrating cleanser that penetrates and moisturizes the scalp. Helps boost natural hair growth and improves follicle strength to aid in reducing hair thinning. Supports the restoration of the hair’s youthful vitality by adding essential moisture back into the hair.
2. Deep Smoothing Conditioner - works on all hair types to nourish, control frizz and add brilliant shine. It is light enough for daily use and does not weigh hair down. It restores softness and shine, and protects hair from humidity.
3. Blowout Cream - will give you a silky, smooth feel while restoring softness and shine! Importantly, it contains Dermafeel Sensolv, a natural silicone alternative that is 100% natural in origin. Say bye-bye to product build-up. Blow Out Cream also reduces styling time and conceals the signs of damage.
4. Rejuvenique Oil Intensive - invigorating blend of 11+ unique molecular ingredients including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, beta-carotene and omega-3 fatty acids – that replace the body’s own natural oils! The proprietary formula helps to: reduce hair thinning, prevent oxidative stress, and add incredible volume with long-lasting shine. All without the damaging effects of silicone.
Got questions? Reach out to your Monat Market Partner!
Jennifer Berkey is a Hair Stylist of 17 years and a Network Marketing Professional.
Follow Jennifer on Instagram.